Preparation time: about 15 – 20 min.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 150 g pineapple out of the can in pieces, or freshly cut
- 800 g big, peeled tiger prawns
- 3 – 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown rum
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red pepper (150g), cut in 3 big pieces
- Skewers of wood or metal
- Salt, pepper
Drain the pineapple and keep the juice. Clean the prawns by slightly carve them and remove the gut. Mix the oil, soy sauce, rum, 5 tbsp. of the pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper and pure the mixture over the prawns. Lace everything in a cold place for about 45 minutes. Take the prawns and alternately stick with the red pepper and the pineapple on the skewers. Preheat the grill and grill the skewers from both sides until done.